Body Contouring is one of many surgical cosmetic procedures combined to address fat and sagging skin, after a major weight loss. The goal in getting a body contouring procedure is a balanced, shapely and smooth overall body contour.
Body contouring is not inexpensive. Depending on what your goals are, it’s important to discuss them with your surgeon and decide on the best surgical plan for your body and aesthetic goals. Some of the procedures that are used during a body contouring cosmetic procedures are:
- Full body lift
- Arm Lift
- Thigh Lift
- Breast Lift
No other methods such as topical lotions or exercise can address the sagging skin left behind after a major weight loss. Patients generally try all non-invasive methods prior to electing this costly surgical procedure, but it is the only way to truly and permanently address these issues.
Things to consider prior to a body contouring cosmetic procedure:
- Make sure you’ve reached your ideal weight and it is stable
- Address the part of the body that bothers you the most first
- If you smoke, you need to stop
- Find a surgeon you trust and consult with him regarding your aesthetic goal
What else do I need to know about body contouring?
- Like any other surgery, it’s important that you are in good health and cleared by your doctor to have such a surgery.
- Recovery time is generally longer for body contouring, make sure your lifestyle and work is in order.
- You will need help and support during your recovery. Rely on family and friends.
- There will be scars, which will fade in time, but will not go away completely.
Like any other cosmetic surgery, body contouring has changed people’s lives. Patients suffering from sagging skin, they cannot otherwise address, suffer from self-confidence issues and their active lifestyle is affected. After the body contouring and recovery, patients have reported a boost of self-confidence and an active lifestyle they wouldn’t have been able to enjoy otherwise.